Sunday, December 17, 2006

Taking Stock


Well, the semester is over, and I have at last finished all coursework for my program. Having cleared this important milestone, I thought it would be good to look back over the months past and assess with an even hand the human transactions that have taken place. Thanks to Joel for the inspiration here. Here goes!

+5 pounds (not the good kind)
+Stretchiness and flexibility (the good kind)
+Understanding of fantasy basketball
+Anger and frustration about Grad labor and the future of academics in the U.S. and A.
+Fuckin' mad skills at video game basketball.
+Addiction to caffiene.
+Blog

-50 books that I should have read by now
-20 games of one-on-one basketball that I've lost to my brother.
-Some friendships here and there
-heart palpatations.

All in all, pretty good for a few months of life. I can say I've actually come to appreciate the Illinois winter, which should make the next few months pretty O.K. Plus, I finally get to read a bunch of books that I really wan to read, so I'm pretty pleased about that. Why not join in and take stock of your last semester?

2 comments:

mr.mhhs said...

i will post something soon. we have to be positive and negative right? not just negative?

Anonymous said...

This bolg looks abandoned and scary. I think I'll pull over and look for a place to use the phone...oh my god, an axe murderer is chasing me! Ahhhhhhh!

Oh shit, never mind. I liked this reflective and honest inventory. Maybe you do another one for the summer?